Vegan Oatmeal Cookies-recipe
Veganism is a lifestyle that has gained immense popularity in recent times. The philosophy behind veganism is that it promotes animal welfare and a healthier diet. Vegans avoid consuming any animal products, including meat, dairy, and eggs. As a result, vegans have to find alternative food options that are free from animal products. One such option is vegan oatmeal cookies which have become increasingly popular among health-conscious individuals.
Vegan cookies are made using plant-based ingredients, and they are free from any animal products, such as butter, milk, or eggs. They are an excellent alternative for people who are lactose intolerant or have egg allergies. They are also an ethical choice for those who choose to avoid animal products.
In addition to being a healthier and more ethical option, vegan cookies are also delicious. There is a wide variety of vegan cookie recipes available, including chocolate chip, oatmeal, peanut butter, and more. The use of plant-based ingredients such as coconut oil, almond milk, and applesauce results in soft and chewy cookies that are just as tasty as traditional cookies.
Another advantage of vegan cookies is that they are often lower in calories and fat than traditional cookies. For example, using coconut oil instead of butter can significantly reduce the calorie count of a cookie. Additionally, many vegan cookie recipes use natural sweeteners such as maple syrup or agave nectar, which are healthier alternatives to refined sugar.
Overall, vegan cookies offer a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional cookies. They are free from animal products and often lower in calories and fat, making them an excellent choice for those who follow a vegan diet or have dietary restrictions. With a wide range of flavors and recipes available, everyone can enjoy the delicious taste of vegan cookies while still being conscious of their health and the environment.
Here’s a recipe for vegan oatmeal raisin cookies:
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the vegan butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add applesauce and vanilla extract to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the dry mixture into the wet mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in raisins.
- Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop rounded balls of dough onto a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your delicious vegan oatmeal raisin cookies!